Edd K. Roberts III – Lawyer
Board Certified Specialist
Edd devotes a large part of his practice to defending and helping people who find themselves under criminal investigation or prosecution by the government. He handles criminal cases ranging from traffic matters and DWIs to serious felonies including white collar crime, sexual assaults, drug trafficking and homicides. Edd also helps professionals defend against licensing grievances and claims before state boards. Additionally, he works with local businesses in helping them resolve conflicts and disputes. Edd has over seventeen years of experience in the courtroom and has tried over 100 cases to verdict as a defense attorney in State and Federal Court. He has been certified by the North Carolina State Bar as a specialist in state criminal law and recognized by his peers (NC Legal Elite Award) for his outstanding efforts in legal representation of others.
Contact via email at: email@example.com
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National College for DUI Defense
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Academy of Criminal Trial Lawyers
- Wake County Bar Association
- Board Certified Specialist for State Criminal Law
- NC Legal Elite-Business NC Magazine 2017 Award
- NC Legal Elite-Business NC Magazine 2016 Award
- NC Legal Elite-Business NC Magazine 2014 Award
- NC Legal Elite-Business NC Magazine 2011 Award
- Superb AVVO Lawyer 2014 Rating Award
- Board of Directors Wake County Bar Association
- Professionalism Committee – Wake County Bar
- Grievance Committee – Wake County Bar
- Board of Directors Wake County Wildlife Club
- Judge with the Capital Area Teen Court
- Attorney Advisor for the Millbrook High School Mock Trial Team
- Active Member of Hayes Barton United Methodist Church
- North Carolina Central University, JD
- North Carolina State University, BA
Edd is a native to Raleigh born in 1971. He is a product of Wake County’s public school system and received his diploma with honors from Millbrook High School. Edd went on to graduate cum laude from North Carolina State University in 1995 with degrees in Political Science, Philosophy, and a minor in English. Upon graduating college, Edd went to work in his family’s home construction business. After working two and half years in construction, Edd went back to school to study law. He earned a law degree from North Carolina Central University in 2000. While in law school Edd received a Willie Gary Award for Outstanding Trial Advocacy and was selected to intern in the District Attorney’s Office in Wake County, gaining trial and practical experience before taking and passing the North Carolina bar exam.
His first job out of law school was with the firm of Holt York McDarris & High LLP, with practice areas in criminal law and business defense. After working a year at Holt York McDarris & High LLP, Edd took a job as a state prosecutor with the District Attorney’s Office in Wake County. After working two years as a state prosecutor handling hundreds of cases ranging from DWIs to Violent Felonies, Edd left the District Attorney’s Office and started Roberts Law Office in Raleigh in 2003.
When Edd is not working, he likes to run, hike and travel with his wife, Erin and two sons.
Sarah Hoffman – Legal Assistant
Sarah graduated from the University of North Carolina at Asheville in May, 2015 with a B.A. in Political Science and minors in Philosophy and Legal Studies. Before coming to Roberts Law Office, she interned with a public defender in Asheville and pursued interests in criminal justice policy and reform through undergraduate research. Sarah currently volunteers for the NC Coalition for Alternatives to the Death Penalty and is a Research Assistant for the web-based Political Terror Scale.
She enjoys baking, playing piano, and traveling with friends and family in her free time.
Contact via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org