Edd K. Roberts III – Lawyer
Board Certified Specialist
Edd devotes a large part of his practice to defending and helping people who find themselves under criminal investigation or prosecution by the government. He handles criminal cases ranging from misdemeanors, DWI & DUI, to serious felonies including white collar crimes, sexual assaults, drug trafficking and homicides. Edd also helps professionals defend against licensing grievances and malfeasance allegations before state boards. Additionally, he works with local businesses in helping them resolve business conflicts and disputes. Edd has over eighteen years of experience in the courtroom and has tried over 100 cases to verdict as a defense attorney in State and Federal Court. He has been certified by the North Carolina State Bar as a specialist in state criminal law and recognized by his peers (NC Legal Elite Award) for his outstanding efforts in legal representation of others. And Edd has been rated AV Preeminent (5.0) by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating available.
Contact via email at: email@example.com
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National College for DUI Defense
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Academy of Criminal Trial Lawyers
- Wake County Bar Association
- Board Certified Specialist for State Criminal Law
- NC Legal Elite Award-Business NC Magazine 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2014 & 2011
- Super Lawyers Award for Top Rated Criminal Defense-Super Lawyers Magazine 2019, 2018
- AV Preeminent (highest) rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Martindale-Hubbell Platinum Client Service Award
- AVVO Client’s Choice Award for DWI & DUI 2017 & 2016
- Superb AVVO Lawyer Rating Award
- Board of Directors Wake County Bar Association (2017-present)
- Grievance Committee – 10th Judicial District (2014-2017)
- Professionalism Committee – Wake County Bar Assoc. (2012-present)
- Board of Directors Wake County Wildlife Club (2010-present)
- Volunteer Judge with the Capital Area Teen Court (2003-2014)
- Attorney Advisor for the Millbrook HS Mock Trial Team (2004-present)
- Member of Hayes Barton United Methodist Church (2010-present)
- North Carolina State University, BA (with honors)
- North Carolina Central University, JD
Edd is a native to Raleigh born in 1971. He is a product of Wake County’s public school system and received his diploma with honors from Millbrook High School. Edd went on to graduate cum laude from North Carolina State University in 1995 with degrees in Political Science, Philosophy, and a minor in English. Upon graduating college, Edd went to work in his family’s home construction business. After working two and half years in construction, Edd went back to school to study law. He earned a law degree from North Carolina Central University in 2000. While in law school Edd received a Willie Gary Award for Outstanding Trial Advocacy and was selected to intern in the District Attorney’s Office in Wake County, gaining trial and practical experience before taking and passing the North Carolina bar exam.
His first job out of law school was with the firm of Holt York McDarris & High LLP, with practice areas in criminal law and business defense. After working a year at Holt York McDarris & High LLP, Edd took a job as a state prosecutor with the District Attorney’s Office in Wake County. After working as a state prosecutor for approximately two and half years prosecuting hundreds of cases including DWI, theft, drugs, white collar offenses, sexual assaults and homicides, Edd left the District Attorney’s Office and started Roberts Law Office in Raleigh in 2003.
When Edd is not working, he likes to run, hike and travel with his wife, Erin and two sons.
Elizabeth Krumpelman – Legal Assistant
Elizabeth graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in May, 2018 with a B.A. in Political Science and Peace, War, and Defense and a minor in American History. Before coming to Roberts Law Office, she worked with NCPIRG (North Carolina Public Interest Research Group an advocate for the public interest) where her core responsibilities were tracking voter trends and coordinating efforts to increase participation in targeted voting demographics throughout the Orange County community. Elizabeth also worked to promote messages of pediatric healing through literacy within hospitals in the greater D.C. area as a volunteer with Beacon of Hope UAE.
She enjoys spending time painting, reading, and traveling in her free time.
- UNC at Chapel Hill, 2018 B.A. in Political Science and Peace, War, and Defense, Minor in American History
Contact via email at: Elizabeth@eddkrobertslaw.com